Thursday, August 31, 2006

the crusher

Did I mention that Felix has absolutely enormous hands and feet? Ok, not enormous, but definitely they are....markedly larger than we were led to expect. It only conformed my suspicions when at his first check-up the doctor said, "Wow! He's got some big hands!" Now, if he was a scale replica of an adult, I'd say, "Whoa! Here comes Gigantor!" but he's not, he's a baby and so had baby proprtions of a different ratio than an adult. So, while he does have the baby-sized (compared to adult sized) extremities, compared to other babies he seems to have large hands and feet, which are each respectively dominated by very thick thumbs and big-toes.

There is no doubting this is my baby, but he may just be much bigger than I was and am when he grows up. I think he's going to be a very sturdy, if not large, child.

No comments: