Friday, September 01, 2006

baby burner

Felix has inherited my (and my dad's) internal combustion heating system. I should have known from the first day (the second or third at home) that he kicked his way out of his swaddle, that he would be like me: unable to sleep with his feet under a blanket, unable to experience temperatures higher than 78 dregree F withour breaking into a sweat (but not bothered at all by the nearly constant liquid-cooling effect). Yes, Felix is more comfortable in a short-sleeved onesie than a sleeper with footies. There is a reason why his bedroom has the only full-time AC unit (though it hasn't been runnig as of late due to the temperate weather) while Andrea and I only use on when the heatwaves break upon our distant shore.

While I am comforted that Felix is a heater just like dad, it also means that when I hold him or he sleeps on my stomach or chest, we both kick our cooling systems into overdrive because our combined heat can raise the room temp several degrees in a matter of minutes.

No comments: