Thursday, August 10, 2006

goodnight

Last night we had a good night. Felix continues to feed voraciously, but last night he slept well and both of us were able to get quite a bit of sleep. Andrea is experimenting with various nursing positions. Maybe after this is all over she can provide a course on "free-style breastfeeding."

A co-worker of mine gave me a book on baby sign-language as a . It sounds sorta hokey, but after reading it and talking to another co-worker who is actually using baby sign language with his 13-month-old, it seems like a really good tool to have in the baby-tool-box.

This morning at my team meeting one of the agenda items was "Surprise for Will." Unfortunately it was not a surprise promotion and pay increase :( but, as I could easily guess, was a bunch of baby gifts from my team. If any of you somehow have discovered my blog, thanks a bunch! They gave Felix some onsies (tagless, even!) and some socks, and some toys (which make sounds, but quiet sounds, yay!), some bibs, crib sheets, and some outfits of various sizes. Go team! Thanks a lot.

That makes me wonder...now that my life has real crib sheets, where did the term "crib sheet" come from? Cribbage?

No comments: