Sunday, June 11, 2006

transience

Well, yesterday people showed up in droves to help me move. We got all of the furniture and a lot of the other stuff moved in prety good time. Andrea sequestered herself at the tea shop so she could work, which is just as well since I don't think it could have gone any more smoothly with her here.

And, though not really the true finish line, it is surely a major normalcy milestone, we have our cable internet service hooked up at the new house. You never realy realize how big a part something plays in your everyday life until it is gone. too true.

So, very slowly unpacking. I spent the past 45 minutes or so re-hanging the closet doors (removed for painting the room).

There's still some stuff, like getting our public utilities and recycling set up. Until then we have a teensy tiny baby solid waste can that is already filled up with my used up painting stuff.

Sigh.

Last night was our first night in the new house. This morning was the first morning in about 3 years that I have woken up and taken a shower in my own shower. Yes, we now have a shower. Living the high life now! Sure I could continue to take baths, but the tub here is not an old clawfoot like we had at the apartment. I doubt I would enjoy a bath quite the same in our new tub.

Ah, homeownership...

and now I need ot go rescue Andrea from the coffeeshop where she is working on borrowed internet.

No comments: