Friday, January 11, 2008

effing aholes

Despite having been seriously rained on earlier in the day, I was having a fairly nice Friday. However, on the elevator ride down to the street level (I'm on the 11th floor) at the 10thf floor two guys got in, a middle aged white guy and a youngish (late 20's maybe) hispanic or asian (or perhaps both) guy. They obviously worked together. It was these two guys and myself in the elevator only. The older guy says something, I don't know what, but nothing too out of the ordinary. The younger guy says, and not quietly, "That fucking bitch." The other guy says something neutral, sort of how you talk to someone you are trying not to rile up, but also not really trying to encourage them either. "God! That fat fucking...I hate that bitch." It quickly becomes clear that Mr. foul mouth is unhappy with some woman he works with, most likely his boss or someone else above him. Possibly someone on his level that he's in competition with, but I get the feeling its someone over him. But here's the thing...this asshole is just swearing left and right about this woman and here I am, complete stranger, trapped in the elevator with him and his non-confrontational schmoe co-worker. What kind of inconsiderate asshole thinks its OK to do that in an elevator? It makes me so mad, I've been having elevator revenge fantasies all night. What a fucking jerk.

No comments: