Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I scream, you scream, we all scream for butt cream

Felix has developed a very nasty looking diaper rash. My skin burns just looking at it. Poor little guy. So I've been looking into various butt soothing remedies since the (zinc based?) cream we use frequently doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I think also it is due to him not getting changed enough during the day and not having the cream applied regularly enough. I think we need to institute a strict butt drying policy as well. Sigh.

Today we toured a local, highly sought after child care center for next year. The tour is the first step in the enrollment process. Then, sometime in February we get to wait outside the place because enrollment is first come-first serve. Andrea's not too excited about the place even though it is one of the few places that offers a 5-day, 7am-6pm schedule for 2 year olds and it is a good place to get a leg up on the competition for the lower school there, which is also highly sought after.

Last night was a pretty rough one and I really felt it today. Tonight isn't looking to be much better. It's quarter past ten and I've already been in to soothe Felix twice, and just now a third time while writing this paragraph. Its more complicated by his being both teething, has a craptastic cold, AND this diaper rash from hell. And the only thing that sort of soothes him sometimes is to get to sleep in our bed, which doesn't mean sleep so much as play bumper pool all night ling with mom and dad as the bumpers.

Anyway, I'm generally feeling worse these days, my crappiness doesn't completely o away when I get up and out of here and into the world like I had been doing last week. I think its everything working together to whittle away my immune system and eventually I will succumb to the level that Andrea and Felix already have.

Now i need to go soak my foot. I have an ingrown toenail (the big toe, of course) that somehow feels like some sort of legacy. I seem to recall my dad have horrendous looking toenails. Well, now I'm falling pray to foot disease too. Hopefully soaking will be enough and we can avoid the minor surgery involved in cases that are too far gone. I just can;t imagine having my foot in bad shape around here...it'd be like having your car in the shop! Yikes.

No comments: