Friday, November 30, 2007

easy like friday evening

having a quiet night at home. Felix is down for the night. Andrea and Glen are off at an event. i'm finally getting some time to sit and collect my thoughts, have a little "me" time...and I'm wasting it all sitting here writing on my blog :(

Actually, what I'll probably do in the next hour is turn on a show I haven't had time to watch on the way to or from work (I re-encode them for playback on my pocket PC and watch on the train) while i do the dishes.

so, whats happening...I now have library cards for both the Brooklyn public library and the New York public library (see: Manhattan, The Bronx, Staten Island). I actually have two books on reserve and waiting for me to pick up at the branch three blocks from our house. The problem is, as with most libraries, they're never open during hours that normally employed people can actually visit them (hence the sense that sometimes library target demographic is truant children and the unemployed). I'll pick them up tomorrow, I hope...never know if a library is going to be open on the weekend. I know that the central (Brooklyn) branch is open on weekends, but you never know about the smaller branches. Those are the ones that have hours like 11am-2pm. What? That's not a schedule, that's a friggin nap!

I have finally finished getting the ball rolling to get the house rented out. now the property management company will be doing whatever it does to try and find a renter. I suspect that the $$ for "advertising" is bullshit since they're probably just posting a listing on their own website, but hey, you never know. maybe they do list with newspapers and real estate services, etc. they stand to make more money with people in the house than without. of course, they don't lose anythign by having it empty either. whatever. I'm just hoping that they find a/some good tenants and we can get on with it all.

actually, after I finish the dishes, I should really try to do some writing exercises. yes, it is that time of year when I start saying I'm going to try to start writing again, or wish i was writing again, or try harder to write, or mope about not being able to write...other than the visual verbal stain I leave on this blog every so often. but you know...we're in New York where everyone is a part time actor/writer/artist/something. why not me too? being realistic, I'm not going to be practicing aikido anytime soon, so I should try and find other hobbies that can more easily fit into my schedule...so basically for times like this.

anywhoo...I'm off to do some dishes and listen to a show.
happy whatever you feel like being happy about this time of year. seems like most people around me are swimming in bad news and bad mojo (not any of us, but definitely some of you). be happy for something.

i would be a little more relieved and relaxed than I usually am this time of year because of the house...if not for that i'd probably be feeling my holiday happiest this year, happier than i have been in years past.

No comments: