Thursday, October 18, 2007

yatta yatta yatta...

Not much to report. Felix has had some ups and downs, starting Monday night when he decided to scream bloody murder from 12am to 5am almost non-stop, it seemed. Needless to say, I took Tuesday off because I felt horrible and I had no sleep. Felix finally slept on the couch for two hours before the nanny came. Once she showed up he was cranky for 15 minutes and then, whammo, he was back to his mostly normal self. They went to the park, per usual and I ended up working from home most of the morning, which mainly consisted of chasing around emails trying to get someone to make a decision about deploying a video driver update to a certain group of computers (and also me researching how, if at all, we could isolate this specific group and send the update only to them). Felix slept through the night Tuesday and so did I, mostly, yay! Wednesday was full "How you feelin???" from the CIO and everyone on down the line.

So Felix is 15 months old tomorrow. He has his checkup on Tuesday, which reminds me I need to call our old health provider and go through the rigamarole to get access to my account there even though I no longer know what my ID# was. Ugh... I just need to get Felix's vaccination records, which, I suppose we have in their original hardcopy form...hrm. Something to think about.

Anyway, I made dinner last night (just heating up fresh tortaloni and vodka sauce from the mozzarella and pasta shop around the corner, and steaming some green beans) and tonight (made a smoked trout salad with steamed broccoli and sliced tomatoes), so I'm starting to get a little bit of a feel for the old kitchen magic. And it is a bit easier to go shopping with Felix in the carrier instead of the stroller or just carrying him. It is a happy medium. This thing, the "Ergo Carrier", is totally for dads. It's like a utility belt for your kid. It transforms, it has options, you can do a side carry, a back carry, or even a front carry. It's nearly impossible to figure out without reading the instructions and even then you have to play with it for like a day before you can even understand how to do it by yourself. And you have to have a cooperative kid. Its the type of device that, if the kid is kicking and crying and not wanting to go in, he's not going in. But its pretty cool and it makes it very easy to carry him the 15 blocks to the store and back (though I usually have to deal with a few tantrums in the store and at least one position change).

So, Felix has been doing well at night, I'm into my job, Andrea is absolutely in love with her job, and we barely see Glen because the restaurant finally opened and he's working the dinner shift. Sigh, it starts to sound old and stale but life...is...good.

No comments: