Sunday, October 07, 2007

week in review

ok, so after coming back to blogging I'm just going to say that now my life has become much more busy and so I can't promise to put frequent or even timely posts up here. but you'll get whatever i can manage to give.

this week:
work is still good. I'm enjoying my job and it really does seem like a nice place to be. I think all the hoo-hah about New York being so damn expensive comes from morons who didn't figure in the cost of living difference BEFORE they came looking for work.
Still glad we moved. Love the hood, love the park, don't even mind the subways too much. Beats the hell out of the commute I could have had. Still getting the hang of shopping and figuring out my choice shops for which products. trying to avoid having to go to Target because it is a harrowing (frustration and anger usually well up whenever i go there because of how ridiculously poorly the store is run and maintained.) Not a good shopping experience, not the Target experience people in the midwest are used to.
Can't deposit in any ATMs here so we're all doing it by mail (and consequently, not writing each other checks for anything anymore...hello wire-transfer service!). This wouldn't normally be much of an issue since we're all doing direct deposit (well, maybe Glen isn't, but I'm not so worried about transferring money from him to me or vice versa). I think Glen will be switching to a local bank. Not sure if Andrea will either. They use a regular bank so they can find pretty much the same thing out here. I'm not switching because the Credit Union (or whatever it is now) still provides me with pretty good service and doesn't seem to be charging me randomly for extra fees left and right. Hell, they've sent me postage paid envelopes to do my deposits for the next century.
Benefits started! woo. so now we have medical insurance and Felix is scheduled for his 15-month check up (more shots, ugh). Not a minute too soon, since he's picked up his first cold. Been snotty, crusty, and cranky for about a week and a half. Walks all over the place now, but still only when he feels like it. more video to be emailed around but of course, if we had a nice mini-DV cam we could keep those interested well supplied with high quality, full motion, precious moments.
As i think I mentioned before, Felix is determined to knock his little teeth out and get into whatever other danger he can manage on such a limited budget.
Our anniversary is coming up this week. big #4??? Yeah...lots has happened since #3. oddly enough, this will be our 2nd in New York, which means we've had as many in New York as we've had in Minnesota. In some ways it doesn't seem like its been that long but in other it seems like it's been much much longer.
I've finally given away my fat clothes. OK, not really mu fat clothes, but my "I can't wear these any more because I've lost 4 inches off my waist" clothes. I'm back down to 32" waist. Inseam remains the same. Apparently my feet were not very fat. But anyway, I reached the conclusion that if i did put weight back on, I wouldn't want to be wearing the same clothes as before. So they went out on the stoop around 5pm and were gone by 7pm. Just a few pairs of pants and a few shirts. I still have SOME 36" wais stuff, but not much. I also need to buy some new belts. And shoes (not related to weight loss) and a whole new wardrobe. Well, ALL of us need new wardrobes, but all in good time.

all in all life keeps on ticking ticking ticking into the future...
New York is only really expensive to visit, I think.

No comments: