Sunday, July 02, 2006

weekend warrior

So this weekend I built a chest of drawers and installed hundreds of dollars worth of roll-up shades. Laid out in one sentence like that makes it seem like so little. Oh well.

I also unpacked about 4 boxes of books and did what felt like 20 loads of laundry.

Crimeny, I know I did just a ton of stuff this weekend but when it comes to listing it all out it seems like so little.

Granted, building the chest of drawers was preceded by what seemed like a twelve hour trip to IKEA (though it really was maybe 2 hours at the most).

Ok I guess I have taken the dog on about seven walks, went to Trader Joe's, the dog park, Target, and the Wedge. And on top of that it's been 80 degrees in the house for the past couple days. Well, it gets up into the 80s starting at around 11am, depending on what we're doing. So, as I write this, hopefully the house is cooling. I, of course, am in the basement. I just finished shelving books, and it is nice and cool in the basement. If i had my way, I'd get a couch down here and just sleep down here during the summer.

Oh, and we stopped at a yard sale that was being held by a bunch of latinas that was like a baby-supersale. We picked up a Graco storller for $25 that should probably work with our Graco car seat. And Andrea put all the baby clothes and diapers and such away in the chest of drawers...

well, regardless of how little it looks like in print, I did a lot this weekend and now I need to break...which is oddly, going to bed and then going to work. woo.

Having spent plenty of time walking the dog this weekend, I will say that I really like Powderhorn Park. On Tuesday they do an annual 4th of July shindig at powderhorn that we plan on going to. should be cool.

No comments: