Thursday, July 13, 2006

carseat inspector or doorframe of doom

Yesterdya after work i toork our carseat down to the police department to have it and its installation inspected. Passed. BUT as i was leaving our house to go to the inspection I managed to slam our inside front door on my right index finger, tearing away a good hunk-o-flesh down to the nailbed and generally inflicting a lot-o-pain. That is, once feeling returned. Initially you have sort of a dull sort of "pain message" that lets you know "Uh oh, that was some dmage" but doesn't let you know whether or not your finger has just been cut or cut off. And it looked a lot worse than i think it runed out to be. Don't get me wrong, we're talking some deep hurting here, but I first though that maybe my finger had been skinned down to the bone/nail from the first knucle down. After switching the bandaid last night, I saw that it was a scapre from the first knuckled down, but it only got deep a millimeter or two up from the cuticle, so I don't think my nail is going to fall off. I think the worst part is that the end of my finger was smashed, and I'm cultivating a nice big purple fingernail. So now my finger just throbs all day and only sends sharp pain when I accidentally bump my nail against something hard straight on.

In other news, when googling for gunshots in powderhorn, I found myself on the first page of results! I also found out that Minneapolis is installing gunshot detectors this summer, which supposedly are pretty accurate and can drastically improve police response time and likelihood of them locating a victim or perpetrator. That's A-OK with me. I also found that the Pioneer Press had a better article than the Trib on the 4th of July shooting at Toni's Market.

No comments: