Thursday, September 20, 2007

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Do you want to know what's the worst thing about semi-stupid help-desk people? They do not believe that there is anything beyond the script. Well, if i can ping your cable modem, there's NO REASON you can't get on the internet. All the right lights are blinking and all of the tests that I can run come back "normal" therefore nothing is wrong. Your inability to connect to the internet must have something to do with you not being bounced around between the local and national helpdesks enough times, or not turning the damn modem and computer off and back on in just the right sequence...or something.

Grrr. I WORK with these things, been using them for a long time, and when i tell you that the modem is not working correctly, odds are, I'M RIGHT. So tomorrow I am going to bring my supposedly perfectly working cable modem into a TimeWarner location and trading it for another perfectly working cable modem, because its impossible to get these jerkoffs to come to your house.

Luckily the phantom wireless network that was in place when we moved in is still there, still unlocked, so I can connect to TimeWarner's website to find thew phone number to call up these helpless people. And of cours,e an hour later, I can post this pissed off blog.

No comments: