Friday, December 29, 2006

twas the night before 'mas

I have an offline blog entry simmering on the back burner, collecting my feelings about this time of year, but I shall allow it to bubble and fizzle out for a while longer. Tonight is the night before xmas, part 2...

Tomorrow we trek up to St. Cloud, the new geographic center of the extended family universe ever since C and J moved to Fargo. So tomorrow we will be doing the xmas with my side of the family. And what is stirring in the house? Well, I FINALLY got Felix to go to sleep about 15 minutes ago, Andrea and her brother are in the dining room watching Home Movies and laughing quite a bit, the dog is off in his corner licking his paws in his typical OCD manner, and I'm in the basement, which still stinks of dog piss, quietly trying to figure out how to make video DVDs from AVI files in Linux.

For work I've taken it upon myself to drive the creative process for the next presentation. Our Star Wars themed version control movie apparently set the bar pretty high and other teams are feeling the pressure to produce something "creative" for January's quarterly meeting. Since the version control movie was done using stills of star wars figures, I htought I'd step this one up and try to do something that's animated. I have Anime Studio Pro which I think I can use to make 2d animations, sort of like South Park, but i need actual characters, etc and I don't know if i want to tackle trying ot draw them all...so then I decided to dabble with Poser, which is a 3D rendering program specifically for posing and staging scenes with human and animal 3D models. Spenty a good chunk of the day just trying to figure out how that program works, and ne4edless to say, it ain't easy to use.

Ah well...

No comments: