Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gaaah!

I never seem to find time to write here, especially be cause there is so much to write about.
The rundown:

Felix now crawls, pulls himself to standing on furniture and pants legs, can do a lap around the first floor in his walker at subsonic speeds, eats solid food, feeds himself "crackers", and maybe this week will start sleeping through the night again. He's gotten over the hump of daylight savings time change, though I don't feel that I have yet. He is a "good eater" on most days and a good pooper on the following days. I can tell that he's excited about the prospect of using the toilet, but it seems like simply a novelty to him right now.

I got promoted to Systems Engineer in January. I must have mentioned that before. Hell, I haven't read my own blog in who knows how long so I don't even know what the last thing I wrote about was.

I'm going to San Diego next week for a Microsoft conference. That's neat.

I can not wait for warm weather because the gas bill is absolutely killing me. Of course, by the time cold weather starts up again I'll probably have just finished paying off this winter's gas bill. Good grief. You'd think that with the raises and promotions I'd be doing OK but the exponential rise in heating between November and March just completely yanked the rug out from under us, financially. I mean, seriously, it would almost make more sense for us to rent a studio apartment that has utilities included for the winter months and just shut off the heat and electricity in the house. Seriously. Anyway...enough about probably the most stressful thing in my life right now. As a rule, "there's always something" to knock the wind out of our sails. Well, I just keep saying to myself, "Just make it through winter, make it through winter...". Provided I am able to use that plan where they average your gas bill out over the year...I don't think we can do another winter like this.

We've been putting a lot of time into A's new portfolio website. I think it's pretty nice and I've gotten to learn a lot of little things that I dodn't know about, like how I can write javascript and use space-age technologies like "ajax". heh.

I think I learned from my dad that the sure way to get to work on your hobbies, or to at least do stuff that you consider to be fun is to make it something that the wife is asking for. You can spend an evening fiddling with websites and learning script languages if she requests your help on making a website. You can buy that new table saw if she asks you to build her a bookshelf...

...
..agg, and here i am coming back to this post like a day and a half later...

No comments: