Tuesday, February 13, 2007

good...grief.

Felix and Andrea have come down with various versions of a "cold." He has a runny nose and nasty mucusy cough, she has a head ache, body ache, dried-out sore throat. I seem to have escaped the worst of it myself with just a slight headache one day last week and your usual winter craptacular nasal crud. Anyway, on top of staying up with Felix a lot at night because of his coughing, i was also on-call last week (ended at 10am today) and Sunday and Monday nights had stupid idiots calling me up between 1 and 2 am.

I stayed home monday to take care of Andrea and Felix. My dad is there today to help out, (Thanks dad!) which lets me go to work in good conscience. And holy howdy doody! Yesterday, while i was at home, but working (during their naps) my boss drops it on me that, hey, there's this Microsoft thing in San Diego in March and wouldn't I be interested in going? Hell yes. SO I spent a good chunk of today jumping through hoops to get my stuff lined up and wham bam thankya ma'am, I'm going on a business trip. I feel like I've finally grown up. And this will be my first time to California (though not my first time out west. I did go to Seattle over Memorial Day Weekend a some years back, but that's a different blog). So, wowzers. So much to happen all at once.

All this time we've been pretty lucky that Felix has been pretty healthy. This cold is enough to make me understand why people get so wigged out sometimes when their kids get sick. I'm just so worried that one of these times he's not going to be able to move all that crud and then we're in for a really wild ride...Hopefully he'll be turning the corner on this thing and start getting better because he sure seems to get at least a little bit worse each day, if at least not any better.

No comments: