Tuesday, July 22, 2008

quick bit

Felix's 2nd birthday party was fun. The day itself had many adventures and stories that maybe someday I'll recount here. Maybe not.
Life rolls on, sometimes rolling over you in the process.
We've definitely had our share of ups and downs this past year and they don't ever seem to stop, so just rolling rolling rolling. All this rolling has lost me another 10lbs. I know this because today I took Felix for his 2nd year checkup and in order to get his weight they had to weigh me holding him and then me alone and subtract. Felix does NOT like the doctor's office. I weighed in at something like 152lbs, which is 10 pounds less than the 162ish weight I've been around since this time last year.
that's all for now.

1 comment:

MoxieGirl44 said...

I really enjoyed your blog at the beginning of the month (?) about the day you took off to be with Felix. Kids are fun. And you are right, it is a different story when you do it 25/8. Adding housework, meal prep 21 times a week, grocery shopping to get the stuff for the meal prep, hair cuts, bills, paying attention to your spouse, etc. not to mention adding ANOTHER kid to the mix - who has a whole different set of needs for your attention. In between the stuff that makes you tires is that wonderful stuff that makes you melt. Luckily for me, I have several of those a day on some days. And whenever I am away on "vacation" for a day, I so look forward to seeing them again at the end of it.

Love,

Catherine
P.S. Congrats on getting renters. And by the way, I recently made a custom magnet that you may like to send to your legislators who created the rental property owners fuck job. The magnet says, in beautiful scroll with a delicate flower below it: "Fuck you, you Fucking Fuck face"