Monday, May 12, 2008

Ill

Last night was not pleasant. I woke up with the chills and couldn't get warm enough. Also, my whole body ached, so no matter what position I shifted into it it felt like I was laying on round rocks. And, the crown jewel, a super inflamed tonsil. I felt like utter shit. Stayed home from work and tried to sleep all day. Eventually went to walk-in at the dr. office (3 blocks away) and the dr. says, "Looks like strep, smells like strep. I think its strep. Your test came up negative but these quick read things aren't 100%." Yep. I seem to recall having similar "non-strep" strep throat when I was younger. It was like a walk down memory lane. That same feeling that something had glommed onto the back of your throat, slowly oozing something. So, here I am, already started my 5-day cycle of antibiotics... I think Andrea is going to go to the doc tomorrow and I'm thinking that since I just started antibiotics, I should work from hom tomorrow. Maybe I should bring Felix in to the peeds and have him tested.

No comments: